Maternal-Fetal Medicine & Genetics Fellowship
About the Maternal-Fetal Medicine & Medical Genetics and Genomics Fellowship
The mission of the Maternal-Fetal Medicine & Medical Genetics and Genomics Fellowship is to create leaders in both maternal-fetal medicine and genetics with robust clinical training, a world-class education and a broad range of individual opportunities in clinical innovation, research, advocacy and quality improvement in an innovative and progressive work environment.
The goals of our fellowship program are to:
- Produce competent and independent maternal-fetal medicine and genetics specialists that have the ability to practice any and all aspects across the full breadth and depth of the specialty.
- Train physicians who practice compassionate patient-centered care for patients with maternal or fetal complications.
- Develop providers who recognize and work towards the eradication of healthcare disparities domestically and globally.
- Graduate practitioners who exhibit the highest levels of integrity, collaboration and professionalism.
- Prepare graduates to engage in clinical, epidemiological or translational research in order to advance knowledge in our specialty.
- Train practitioners to have an understanding of quality improvement and patient safety and incorporate these principles in their practice setting.
- Produce excellent medical educators who effectively teach and inspire learners of all levels.
- Promote innovative thinking and leadership in the transformation of health care delivery.
Our fellowship program is four years: three years of Maternal-Fetal Medicine and one year of Medical Genetics & Genomics. The curriculum consists of 12 months of protected research time and 24 months of MFM clinical, including ultrasound, labor and delivery, antepartum, infectious disease, critical care and fetal cardiology, and 12 months of medical, biochemical, prenatal, cytogenetic and cancer genetics.
Our Teaching Faculty
- Barbara M. O'Brien, MD, Fellowship Program Director
- Millie Ferres, MD, Assistant Fellowship Program Director
- Ai-ris Collier, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Cassandra Duffy, MD, MPH, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Megha Gupta, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Naima Joseph, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Linda Kleeman, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Karen O'Brien, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Kolawole "Yinka" Oyelese, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Scott Shainker, DO, Director, New England Center for Placental Disorders
- Melissa Spiel, DO, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Leanna Sudhof, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Blair Wylie, MD, MPH, Division Director, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Brett Young, MD, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Chloe Zera, MD, MPH, Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Meet Our Fellow
William Choi, MD
Baylor College of Medicine