Community Health Fellows
The Community Health Grant program supports the volunteer efforts of BIDMC employees.
The program offers grants of $1,000 to community-based organizations in the greater Boston area where BIDMC employees volunteer their time.
The goal of the funding is to recognize and appreciate the volunteer activities of our employees while creating or strengthening community programs committed to improving health outcomes in the greater Boston area. Local partners must be a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization aligned with BIDMC values and working to improve the health of the community.
2014-2015 Grant Recipients
- Lisa Hartwick, Social Work, Resilient Sisterhood Project
- Brian Holliday, Surgery/Urology, MA CFIDS/ME & FM Association
- Mary Lania, BIDCO Nurse Care Management, The Foundation for Faces of Children
- Kenny Lee, Cardiology, Boston Living Center
- Julie Manganiello, BIDCO Provider Services, Donovan Elementary PTO
- Anita Mannion O'Mahony, Nursing PACU East, Bridges Together
2013-2014 Grant Recipients
- Pam Dunleavy, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Beverly Fall Frolic 5K & Run
- Tom Geisbush, Neurology, Found in Translation
- Karen Lee, Surgery, Chinese Consolidated Benevolent Association of New England
- Jianghe Niu, Gastroenterology, American Chinese Medical Exchange Society
- Hieu Tieu, Vascular, Upham’s Elder Service Plan
2012-2013 Grant Recipients
- Elizabeth Asch, Radiology, YMCA Burbank
- Alphonso Brown, Gastroenterology, ICAN Medical Scholars Program
- Deborah Cruise, BIDPO, Family and Community Resources, Inc.
- Babu Krishnamurthy, Neurology, Epilepsy Foundation of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire and Maine
- George Ogin, Finance
- Patricia Osbourne Shafer, Neurology, Epilepsy Foundation of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire and Maine
- Mary Singleton, Research and Academic Affairs, Boston Natural Areas Network
- Erica Zissman, Clinical R+D, REACH Beyond Domestic Violence